The Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy branch of medicine deals with all the disorders related to skin and its appendages as well as sexually transmitted diseases in broad sense.
- It is a specialty which expertises in both medical and surgical aspects in the management of disease.
- The conditions under purview of this branch include all diseases and cosmetic problems related to skin and its appendages like hair, nails, glands etc. The department of dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy also incorporates Venerologyi.e. the branch of medicine which deals with sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS.
- The department has various kinds of lasers, phototherapy units and high-end microscopes. The facilities also include those needed to perform minor surgical procedures.
- Undergraduates get adequate exposure to all common day to day dermatological disorders on OPD basis and their management protocols.
- In Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, apart from routine skin conditions, postgraduates are thoroughly exposed to cosmetic dermatology a boon for practice in today’s era. At the end of their course they gain expertise in handling sophisticated instruments and performing all dermatological procedures.