Department of Pediatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with medical care of newborns, infants, children and adolescents.
- It is equipped with all sophisticated modern infrastructure, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), which is managed by a Neonatologist and Critical Care Intensivist.
- The Department of Pediatrics also owns separate unit for severe acute malnutrition (SAM) for dedicated care of malnourished children.
- The department has given remarkable contribution in the field of research and development by undertaking various projects as well as publishing quality research papers.
- Undergraduate students are trained in case taking and clinical examination of pediatric patients in their clinical postings.
- Apart from standard methods like bedside teaching, the Department of Pediatrics also uses role-play and model-making for training.
- Post graduate students work closely with the faculty for handling OPD as well as IPD patients and form a part of decision making process in the management of sick child.